About the Owners
We, Lisa and Randy, are active outdoor enthusiasts who live in the Adirondacks to cross-country ski, run, bike, canoe, and camp. We love everything the Adirondack Park has to offer – every season of the year! We have been teachers in Lake Placid for a combined 38 years. We got married in 2003 and have a 10-year-old son.
We’ve been Airbnb hosts since 2014 and recently realized our dream of owning the bed and breakfast located across the street from our first home together.
About the Home
The Winterberry Bed and Breakfast was owned and operated by our dear friend Aggie Saunderson for years before she turned it over to us. Built in circa 1890, this home has seen many historic events, including the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Winter Games held in Lake Placid.
About the Location
The Winterberry is located in a residential section of the historic village of Lake Placid, much of which can be accessed on foot or by hopping on the free and convenient shuttle. You can easily visit many of the fun places Lake Placid has to offer including:
- Olympic Arena, home of the Miracle on Ice
- Beautiful Mirror Lake
- Picturesque Lake Placid
- Whiteface Mountain
- the High Peaks Hiking region
- the Mount Van Hoevenberg Olympic Sports Complex
- the Ski Jumps
- the Olympic Museum
Among the closest attractions:
- the Lake Placid Ironman course is adjacent
- the Horse Show Grounds and Lake Placid Airport for scenic rides are less than one mile away
- the Olympic Training Center is a five-minute walk
- hiking and mountain biking trails are very close
- John Brown Farm State Historic Site
- Henry’s Woods preserve and Heaven Hill trails
- Lake Placid – North Elba Historical Society and Museum
- the Adirondack Corner Store up the street is well stocked and offers great sandwiches and soft ice cream.